Tips How To Shop at The Compare Shop
Tips on how to save as much as possible at The Compare Shop
Firstly, to understand how to save the most you need to understand how The Compare Shop actually works. The website is actually a search engine with a search algorithm (like websites such as Google or Yahoo), the products are sourced via a data feed (like an RSS news feed) from the merchants we work with. Very simple!! However there are ways to obtain the best deals as with Google and Yahoo you can miss the best search result for you by not using the optimum search!
So here we go-
1. The Compare Shop is a search engine so use it like a search engine, you will notice you get much more options to filter results if you use the search bar rather than by using the listed categories on the left hand side of the home page. Search for an LCD TV via the categories and then search LCD TV by the search bar. by using the search engine you can filter your results by brand, retailer etc etc. This gets you much more specific results a lot quicker!
2. THIS IS THE BIGGEST TIP As The Compare Shop is a search engine we Compare Prices to get the best offer you need to find the product you like and then click through to two or three of the merchants to see the full offer (some have free extras, free postage, extra years warranty) this detail is not sent to us. For example you might find one merchant is the cheapest say £300 but then you have to add £15 postage (making the total £315) when the second merchant is £310 but offers free next day delivery, two years more warranty and free extras!! See how easy it is to rack up the savings and increase the value of your deal!
3. Similar to tip number two you will also find that sometimes when you visit a merchant the listed price is slightly different than the one shown on The Compare Shop (sometimes the price is much reduced) this is because the site accepts new updates every one to two days and if a merchant reduces an item at 9am but The Compare Shop doesn't get that feed until 11am there will be a two hour difference. So as in tip 2 you must always visit the merchant site to see the current price (you might be pleasantly surprised!!)
3. Sign up as a member, the membership will give you access to regular updates regarding offers, we work very closely with the merchants and get very good voucher codes and sometimes find out that a merchant is going to start a sale a few days before they announce it to the public.
4. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, we constantly send out new offers to our social networking friends and if we see a product that has reduced and is very popular we spread the news quickly!! You can also use Facebook and Twitter to get in touch with us and tell us what you are shopping for. If we know what you are shopping for we can try and get the best offers in these product categories.
5. You can now win any product at The Compare Shop so why not take advantage of this opportunity. Visit our Instant Win page to see how easy it is to search select and win any of our products. Shopping for free could save you a fortune on your items and adds a new dimension to the comparison website.
6. Keep visiting The Compare Shop regularly as prices and offers change daily. In many cases these prices will change a number of times in one day. Our product feed is live so that we are always bringing you the most up to date prices. Therefore if you see a product you want but it's a little out of your price bracket it's worth keeping an eye on it as the price may change.
All the best and happy shopping, we love to have your feedback so please do drop us an email and let us know what you think at email@example.com